Welcome to our ITU website!
Created by: Trevor Rawlings, Jessica Sotelo, and Antonieta Vargas
The purpose of this website is to inform students, educators, and the public about the importance of civic engagement. We created these lessons with one goal in mind: to help students identify issues affecting their city, Menifee, and to help them realize the power they have to bring the change necessary for the common good.
The Enduring Understandings for this unit are as follows:
- Students will understand the role of social issues within their community.
- Students will learn how to create awareness and inspire action.
- Students will learn how to assess the validity of sources.
The following questions are essential for this unit and will guide students in their learning:
- What are human rights?
- What role do individuals play in raising community awareness?
- How can you contribute to your community?